Anantnag, Aug 06: Investigation conducted by Special Investigation Team (SIT) of case FIR No. No. 157/2017 U/S 302, 307, 427 RPC 7/27 A.Act, 16, 18, 20 UA(P) Act 1967 of P/S Anantnag involving SANJY vehicle attack at Batengoo District Anantnag on 10-07-2017, has revealed that banned outfit organization Lashkar-e-Toiba (LeT) was behind the said attack.
02. During the investigation three (03) accused persons have been arrested so far. These accused persons are:
A). Bilal Ahmad Reshi (Shopkeeper) of Iqbal Mohalla Bijbehara.
B).Aijaz Ahmad Wagay (Med. Rep.)of Poshkreeri, Sirigufwara.
C). Zahoor Ahmad Sheikh (Adhoc SRTC Driver) of Khudwani.
03. Investigation conducted has established that these accused persons in association with four (04) terrorists namely 1). Ismail @ Haroon 2). Maaviya 3) Furqan and 04) Yawar Bashir @ AyanS/O Bashir Ahmad Wani R/O Hablish, Devsar Kulgam carried out the attack. Among four (04) terrorists, three 03 (S.No. 1,2,3) were foreigners and one 01 (S.No. 04) is a local terrorist. Pertinently Yawar had joined LeT in the month of February 1st 2017. Before that he was a student of religious seminary Darul-Uloom Bilaliya, Srinagar. He looted weapon from police personnel on 04-02-2017 at Hazratbal, Srinagar and joined terrorist ranks.
04. The said conspiracy was hatched by the terrorists with active support of arrested persons by way of transporting terrorists through vehicles, providing shelter to the terrorists, and actively carrying out reconnaissance of places for attack.
05. Accused persons have been arrested, produced before court and are on police remand. Photographs of two (02) terrorists involved in the crime namely Ismail @ Haroon and Yawar Bashir @ Ayan are released herewith for seeking information from the general public.
06. During the investigation tangible material evidences have been collected for establishing the complicity of the arrested persons in the crime.
Investigation of case is in progress for apprehension of the absconding accused persons.